We have had four (4) new COVID-19 cases. Contact tracing, where required, has been completed and all those affected have been notified.
Copper Beech Middle School 1
Lincoln Titus Elementary 2
Van Cortlandtville Elementary 1
The purpose of the Lakeland Central School District’s social media pages is to share news and information about the District and its schools and to share the accomplishments of our students and outstanding work of our faculty and staff. Open and respectful dialogue regarding these posts are welcome. However, comments must be civil, cordial and relevant, so that Lakeland can share this open space with everyone. Please see the Rules of Engagement below:
Lakeland Central School District Social Media Rules of Engagement:
- Comments must stick to the topic of the post and contribute to the conversation.
- Comments must be factual. Inaccurate or false information will be removed.
- Comments will be removed if they contain or link to abusive or inappropriate statements, including profanity and/or personal attacks.
- Comments will be removed if they are discriminatory, harassing or threatening, or are spam.
- Comments should not be used as advertising space. Comments will be removed if they endorse, promote or solicit on behalf of a product or service.
- Comments should not contain disparaging statements about Lakeland employees, the Board of Education or its students.
- Comments should not contain confidential information.
- Abuse of these rules will lead to removal of the specific comment. Commenters who repeatedly violate the rules of engagement may be blocked from posting on our pages.
Next Thursday, March 4 at 7:00 pm, Dr. Rappleyea, our Assistant Superintendent for Pupil Personnel Services, will be moderating a panel discussion for our community entitled: Supporting Our Children Through the Pandemic: An evening with mental health experts. Please follow this link for information about the event.
I would like to thank those who attended or viewed last night’s Board of Education meeting. As a reminder, we will be holding a virtual Q and A on Monday, March 8 at 6:00 pm related to our goal of increasing to four days of in-person instruction by April 6, Details on how to register will be communicated next week.
Have a great weekend.
Brendan Lyons, Ed. D.