2017-2018 Lakeland Central School District Board of Education Goals
The Lakeland CSD accepts the challenge of preparing students for a rapidly changing world, and provides the opportunity for all students to learn and succeed. We encourage, promote, and develop life-long learning and educational excellence in a safe, secure, student-centered environment. Our practices and policies are shaped by mutual respect, open and honest communication, ethical behavior, and personal responsibility.
Board of Education Mission
The Board of Education will support the District’s mission to fully prepare students to meet life’s challenges achieving educational excellence, setting high standards, and expecting the best from students, teachers, administrators and staff.
BOARD GOAL AREA #1 - BOARD OF EDUCATION MEETINGS
- Commit fully to Board role by preparing for, attending, and engaging BOE meetings.
- Achieve 100% Board participation in Board committees from members on committee and report at Board meetings including recommendations when appropriate.
- Input into presentation schedule.
BOARD GOAL AREA #2 - SELF-IMPROVEMENT
- Attend and share at least three workshops, meetings, retreats or seminars per year that offer insights and training on improvement as a Board Member.
- Conduct/review Board self-evaluation annually with a goal of a two week turn-around.
- Create and maintain a planning timeline calendar for Board Members.
- Increase positive engagement with staff, community and students.
- Adhere to Board Protocols as stated in Board Policies.
- Provide new member orientation and training as necessary.
BOARD GOAL AREA #3 - DISTRICTWIDE SUPPORT/COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT
- Participate in the Superintendent evaluation with a goal of a two week turn-around.
- Operate within role.
- Attend events across the district, educational, artistic and athletic.
- Emphasize and support the District Mission, Vision and Core Beliefs in our actions to communicate the importance to our community.
BOARD/DISTRICT GOAL AREA # 4 - INITIATIVE DEVELOPMENT AND IMPLEMENTATION
- Using District protocols the Board will review, understand and provide feedback on new project initiatives in the design and decision stage of development.
- Receive regular updates prior to and following implementation of new initiatives.