- Capital Project Public Forum Presentation September 8, 2022
- Capital Project FAQ
- Capital Project Video - A Vision of the Future
Below please find the information presented at the Public Forum event on July 12, 2022.
Click here to see information from the Superintendent.
Haga clic aquí para ver información del Superintendente.
Please complete the Community Feedback Google Form by Sunday, June 12, 2022.
QUESTIONS? Email CapitalProject@lakelandschools.org
Dear Lakeland Families,
I am writing you today to introduce an exciting opportunity for our community. This fall the district’s architecture firm, TetraTech, presented findings from the Building Condition Survey outlining the district’s infrastructure needs. During this presentation, the opportunity to begin a Capital Project was also discussed.
A Capital Project is part of a long-range plan to address capital improvement needs across the district. This project would span multiple years and provide the district with much-needed educational enhancements, as well as infrastructure repairs/replacements, touching every school building. The last major capital project on which the district embarked was the athletic fields at both Lakeland and Walter Panas High Schools. This project is nearly complete and we are looking forward to hosting our graduation ceremonies on our stunning fields next month!
- The district is in a very strong financial position to take on a new Capital Project. We have fully funded our Capital Reserve ($20 million saved). Combined with our building aid, we can finance a $57 million Capital Project that is entirely tax-neutral for residents.
WHAT DO OUR STUDENTS NEED?
- The optimal Capital Project will balance educational enhancements to support collaboration, project-based learning, problem-solving, and technology with our current infrastructure needs.
- Renovations, replacements, and/or upgrades will provide all Lakeland students with the comfortable, innovative, learning environments they deserve and will thrive in for many years to come.
HOW WILL THE COMMUNITY BE INVOLVED?
- A successful Capital Project begins with a strong partnership with our community which is filled with a variety of perspectives and a wide range of talents and expertise.
- The community will receive timely updates throughout the process and is encouraged to participate in upcoming Public Forums on July 12 and September 8 (please save the date).
- The next step in this process is to gather important feedback and insights from stakeholders. Please take the time to fill out the Community Feedback Google Form by Sunday, June 12.
- Feedback from our students at the secondary level will also be gathered so that we are able to review their expressed needs and ideas.
I'm excited to embark on this new project with our community and look forward to receiving your feedback.
Dr. Karen Gagliardi
Superintendent of Schools