2014-2015 BOE Goals
Goal 1 The Board of Education will continue to be guided by the District’s Five-Year Plans that it will review and have updated annually, to include:
- Financial Plan
- Business Operations
- Pupil Personnel Services
- Human Resources
- Long-Range Technology Plan
Goal 2 The Board of Education will monitor the progress of the District’s instructional programs and practices as related to student achievement including the review and update of Curriculum and Instruction and the use of technology as new standards move into all core instruction and include all encore subjects.
Goal 3 The Board of Education will present annual school budgets that provide a quality instructional program at an affordable price to taxpayers. This will be achieved through:
- Sound fiscal management
- Pursuing and maximizing state and local aid, as well as, grant opportunities
- Minimizing the tax rate impact of annual school budgets by adhering to the requirements of the NYS Tax Cap Levy
- Targeting a budget-to-budget increase at or near the Consumer Price Index (CPI)
- Working proactively with Local, State, and Federal Officials to address the ever increasing unfunded mandates
- Optimizing the use of shared services with other governmental entities where cost effective
Goal 4 The Board will conduct its policy-setting and work sessions in an open and transparent manner, and be proactive in its communication with the community. It will meet this goal by:
- Educating the community about school funding issues
- Utilizing technology and social media to facilitate communication
- Conducting public Work Sessions in addition to regular Business Meetings
- Effectively using the District Website as a communication tool
Goal 5 The Board will encourage wellness and seek to develop a culture of health, safety and security throughout the district. This will be accomplished through adopting, reviewing and monitoring programs and policies.
Goal 6 The Board will adopt, review and monitor programs and policies that will encourage the effective and innovative use of technology throughout the District with special emphasis on curriculum, instruction and assessment.