Download The Principal's Letter
I would like to take a moment to remind all parents and family members of the importance of school safety and safety related procedures, protocols and policies. To start, if you have not already done so, please take some time to review the LCSD Student Handbook, which contains the Code of Conduct.
Please allow me to highlight a few items:
- Throughout the year, we will practice our Emergency Drills (Fire, Lockdown, etc…) When necessary, these drills will be modified due to COVID restrictions. While this is not ideal, the drills still provide us with the opportunity to review these protocols in preparation for an actual event. Please reinforce the importance of these drills to your student.
- Student safety is paramount in our school building. Therefore, any violent threat or violent incident will result in a strong consequence. In particular, issues related to drugs, either possessing, distributing or being under the influence, weapons or any other incident that falls under our Zero Tolerance policies will result in an extended consequence.
- Students should arrive at school when scheduled, and should leave the building when the school day is over. Students may stay after school for extra help with a teacher, for sports practices or games, or to attend a club meeting. Once any of those activities have been completed, students should report to the cafeteria to wait for the late bus or to the main lobby to wait for a ride. The first late bus arrives around 3:15 p.m. There is also a second late bus, which is arranged for athletes, which arrives at 5:00 p.m. Students will need a pass to take the late bus home. Those who stay after school and are disruptive will not be permitted to do so.
- As has been mentioned repeatedly, all students are required to wear masks properly (over the nose and mouth) while indoors, and must remain 3 feet apart. When eating lunch, students are to remain 6 feet apart.
- Attendance in school each day is crucial to a student’s success. If your student is going to be absent, please call Dianne Alves in the Attendance Office at ext. 39265 followed by a written note the following day with the reason for the absence.
As always, if you have any questions regarding any of these items, please reach out to your student’s counselor or an administrator. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
Joe Spero - Principal