About the Human Resources Department
The Department of Human Resources recognizes that a dynamic and efficient staff dedicated to excellence in education is necessary to maintain an outstanding school system. As an employer, the Lakeland Central School District recognizes its responsibility for promoting the general welfare of the staff.
The school district is committed to:
- Recruiting, selecting and employing the most qualified personnel to staff the school system.
- Deploying the available personnel in a manner that insures that they are used as effectively as possible within budget constraints.
- Developing the quality of human relationships necessary to obtain maximum staff performance and satisfaction.
- Administering the Board of Education's collective bargaining agreements.
- Providing staff development training for employees which will improve the performance, retention and promotion of employees.
- Developing and managing a competitive staff compensation program sufficient to attract and retain qualified employees.
- Conducting an employee evaluation program that will contribute to the improvement of each staff member's performance.