If your child is absent from school, an early dismissal or lateness to school please contact Mrs. Cheryl Polito, our Attendance Secretary, by phone or email at (914) 603-9912 or email@example.com before 10 a.m. to notify us of the reason for your child’s absence.
Please do NOT send in hand written notes for absences, early dismissals or lateness to school, calling or emailing Mrs. Polito directly is sufficient
Attendance is not the Nurse’s office, all attendance issues are to be directed to Mrs. Polito.
Medical notes go to the Nurse’s office if one is needed in order to return to school or if returning to school with restrictions.
Lakeland Copper Beech Middle School will only recognize absences as “excused” if the reason for the absence aligns with the Board of Education approved reasons.
- Personal illness
- Death in the [immediate] family
- Religious observance
- Required attendance in court
- Approved school-sponsored activities, including field trips, interscholastic athletics, musical and other competitions
- Directed or authorized presence at the Administrative Offices, Guidance or Nurse’s Office.
- Emergency dental and medical appointments (only with physician’s/dentist’s note)
- Military obligations
- Approved cooperative/work study program
- College visitations [only for HS juniors and seniors], with the prior knowledge and approval of parent/guardian and counselors, so long as it does not exceed 4 days in a school year.
Please note that family events, family emergencies, vacations & non-school sponsored sporting events are not considered an excused absence.
In order for a student to be dismissed early, a parent or legal guardian must sign them out in person. Please call the attendance office of any early dismissals.
Lateness to School:
Students that are late to school will be marked as Tardy; any missed classes will not be excused unless the reason for lateness falls under the District approved excused absence reasons.
Attendance Secretary @ LCBMS