NYSED Parent Dashboard and ESSA Act
The New York State Education Department (NYSED) has developed a Parent Dashboard to increase transparency and make information about school performance and other school-level data easier for parents and the public to access. The Parent Dashboard is part of New York’s Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) plan, which emphasizes equity in education for all students and expands measures of school accountability and student success. This new dashboard will provide parents with information about their child’s school. The Parent Dashboard is now available in addition to the New York State School Report Card on NYSED’s public data site. The Parent Dashboard offers information on all public schools including charter schools.
In 2019, NYSED gathered feedback from parents and stakeholders to guide the work of developing the Parent Dashboard. The data elements that parents ranked highest on the survey are available on the Parent Dashboard.
NYSED is now gathering additional feedback from parents and stakeholders to guide further enhancements to the Parent Dashboard. We invite parents and other stakeholders to explore the Parent Dashboard and then provide feedback via an online feedback survey available in 17 languages. NYSED will use this feedback to identify the data that is most useful to parents and the public and to make improvements to the website.
If you have any questions or would like more information, please visit the Parent Dashboard, which includes frequently asked questions and contact information.
Thank you for your feedback and for your continued commitment to your child’s education.
Important Parent Dashboard Links
Provide Feedback on the Parent Dashboard
New York’s Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) Plan (Please see Superintendent's ESSA Letter below)
NYSED’s Public Data Site
State Budget Reporting and Foundation Aid Survey
In accordance with the federal Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA), which reauthorized the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965 (ESEA), as amended, parents/guardians of students have the right to request specific information about professional qualifications of their children's classroom teachers. As the parent/guardian of a student in the Lakeland Central School District, you have the right to request the following information about your child's/children's teachers.
- If the teacher has met New York State qualifications and licensing criteria for the grade levels and subject areas he or she teaches;
- Whether the teacher is teaching under emergency or other provisional status through which the State qualifications or licensing criteria have been waived;
- The teacher's college major;
- Whether the teacher has any advanced degrees and, if so, the subject of the degree(s); and
- If your child is provided services by an instructional aide or similar paraprofessional, the services provided to your child and the aide's or paraprofessional's qualifications (for Title I schools only; GWES, VCES, LCBMS, WPHS).
Requests for information about the qualifications of your child's/children's teacher(s) should be directed to your building principal in writing. All requests will be honored in a timely manner.