Senior Newsletter and Scholarships
Download Scholarship Opportunities
Download Contest Scholarship and Miscellaneous Awards
We hope that everyone is healthy and safe, and while we are all living in this new normal, our Guidance Office wants to move forward the best we can by providing you with this Senior Newsletter. If you have any questions, please reach out to your counselor.
- For information about changes in college admission events, deposit dates and more as a result of the global pandemic, visit Lakeland Central School , District Guidance Resources, National Association for College Admission Counseling.
- Check your email and/or college portal for any communication from colleges. Many colleges are holding Virtual Student Accepted Days; for more information visit Lakeland Central School , District Guidance Resources, Virtual College Admissions Events & Deposit Dates.
- Carefully review your financial aid offers. Make sure you understand how much debt you will be asuming at each college, as well as interest rates and payment schedules.
- Keep up your grades. Colleges have the right to revoke an offer.
- Notify your counselor of any acceptances and what college you plan on attending. Your final transcript needs to go out to the college you will attend.
- Remember May 1st is National College Decision Day which means students must respond to freshman college admission offers; a deposit is usually required also. A college may not establish an earlier deadline. In light of the current global pandemic, many colleges have extended their decision/deposit deadline. Please check your college website and/or portal, as well as visiting Lakeland Central School , District Guidance Resources, Virtual College Admissions Events & Deposit Dates.
- Inform schools of your decision not to attend; it opens the waitlist for others. There is still time to apply to colleges. If you are not planning to attend college, please advise your counselor.
WALTER PANAS HIGH SCHOOL, 300 Croton Avenue, Cortlandt Manor, NY 10567
PH: (914) 739-2823 (press 3, Guidance), FAX: (914) 739-3545
ADMINISTRATION: Joseph Spero, Principal, Donna Bolner, Asst. Principal, Marlene Gracia, Asst. Principal
COUNSELING OFFICE: Nadia Potter, District Guidance Coordinator
SCHOOL COUNSELORS: Chelsea Aversano, Dale Chappelle, Laurainne Mosca, Sonia Recuppio, Brandon Thomas
SUPPORT STAFF: Mary Ellen Brown, Kathy Giordano, Carole Henkin, Kathy Zadra, College and Career Ctr