AP Assembly May 31
May 21, 2018
There will be a special required assembly for any student who has signed up for an AP course(s) for the 2018-2019 school year on Thursday, May 31st, periods 1 and 2. The agenda for the assembly will be as follows:
- to introduce/refresh students with the overview of the Advanced Placement program, including its benefits and expectations for success.
- to share resources in support of student success.
- to review costs associated with the program.
- to hear from alumni on their experiences at college and how AP prepared them.
- to share summer assignments, ways to best prepare for courses.
The assembly will be divided as follows:
- Period 1 - overview remarks from administration, committee members, alumni
- Period 2 - rotating through stations to meet AP teachers and receive summer assignments
We are excited to provide this opportunity for our students and look forward to an informative and inspirational program.