Dineen DeVito, RN
Phone: 914-528-0600 x 39105
Attention parents of current 11th grade students:
Meningococcal Vaccine School Requirement for 2016-17
Effective September 1, 2016 New York State will require the following:
All students entering 12th grade must present proof of either:
- 1 dose of MenACWY on or after age 16 (sometimes abbreviated as MCV4; brand names Menactra or Menveo)
- 2 doses of MenACWY (last dose on or after 16 years of age) OR
Please check with your HealthCare Provider for your child’s immunization status.
- Click here to download NYS Meningococcal Disease and Immunization flyer to parents.
- Meningococcal Vaccine School Requirement:
- Meningococcal Disease | Guide for Parents
Winter Health and Safety Tips
Due to the recent extreme cold weather, Lakeland's school health professionals would like to share some winter health and safety tips with our Lakeland families. Children need extra attention to stay warm, safe and healthy when temperatures drop. Please review the tips provided.
Guidelines for Cold Weather Safety
- Winter Safety Tips - Westchester.gov - http://health.westchestergov.com/winter-safety-tips
- Winter Safety Tips - NY.gov - http://www.dhses.ny.gov/oem/safety-info/publicsafety/winter.cfm
- Cold Weather Tips - NY.gov (NYS Department of Health) -http://www.health.ny.gov/environmental/emergency/weather/cold/cold_weather_tips.htm target="_blank
- Winter Weather Health and Safety Tips - CDC.gov (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) -http://emergency.cdc.gov/disasters/winter/
- Frostbite and Hypothermia - https://www.cdc.gov/phpr/documents/hypothermia-frostbite_508.pdf