- 24/7 BOCES Resource Library This link accesses all the databases to which Lakeland High School subscribes. Remember that if the blue & white rectangle comes up asking for a username and passwords it is... Then you can easily go down the list of possible sources and pick the ones most useful for you. Stop by the Media Center for passwords.
- Overdrive link. Coming soon. Download the free app to your phone or tablet devices at https://app.overdrive.com/.
I suggest that you do not use either Gale Newsstand or the National Newspaper Index on 24/7 as these will only give you abstracts - not full text articles.
- The most useful databases depend on what you are looking for. If, for example, you are doing current events or issues, try: Ultra Online Package, Proquest, Research in Context, Issues & Controversies, Opposing Viewpoints, or Academic One.
- If you are looking for classroom related sites, go to the library pages on the left in the green pull-down menu.
- Career information can be found on the e-book link to the left, Career Cruising Springboard, or Ferguson's.
- Literary criticism can be found at Magill's, the e-book link to the left or, of course, in the many physical books in the actual library.
If you have any trouble accessing or using our databases, please speak with Ms. Griffin. She can also help you with your MLA 8th Edition citations and with completing your Works Cited page. Make an appointment with her as needed.
DID YOU KNOW?
(1) MLA 8th Edition now requires URL's on your Works Cited list.
(2) You need to click on "Cite" or "Citation Tools" - icons within an article - and choose the MLA 8th Edition format to see exactly how your citation should look. Copy the citation into a document. Then you can organize your list for your "Works Cited" page later. Make sure you grab the URL while you are there if it is not already included in the citation.
If you have any questions, please stop by to see Ms. Griffin (firstname.lastname@example.org).