From the Desk of Mr. Norman...
Thank you for a great opening to the 2019/2020 school year. Thanks to collaborative planning and teamwork, our students are now settled with consistent schedules and routines. I also want to thank the G.W community for a great show of attendance at our Family Fun Day, “Dads take your Kids to School Day” and “Back to School Nights”.
As we enter the month of October we will begin experiencing school closings for holidays *Please be advised school will be closed: Monday and Tuesday Sept 30th -Oct 1st, 2019 in observance of Rosh Hashannah, Wednesday, October 9th in observance of Yom Kippur, and Monday October 14th in observance of Columbus Day.
*There will be a Parent Preview Night for the book fair on Monday, October 21, 2019 at 6:30 p.m. The book fair for the students will be held October 22-25, 2019.
*October 21st to October 25th is Red Ribbon week. This week is a great time for people and communities to unite and take a stand against drugs. To acknowledge Red Ribbon week we will be planning special activities within our classrooms and school as a whole.
Given the multiple school closings during this month, it is imperative students are not absent when school is in session. Attendance is one of the most important factors in school success. Your child’s success in school depends on having a solid educational background – one that can only be gained through regular school attendance. Please work with us to make sure your child’s experiences at school is a positive one.
- All absences must be called in daily to verify your child’s whereabouts.
- If you drive your child to school, be sure they are on time to class (8:20 a.m).
- Medical and dental appointments should be made during after-school hours.
- Family trips should be scheduled during school vacations. As per district policy, this is considered an unexcused absence.
- A written note must be sent in no later than 48 hours after an absence, or it will be considered unexcused.
Once again, thank you for your continued support.