Communication and Contacts
Communication and Contacts
The Lakeland Central School District is committed to communicating all elements of this reopening plan to students, parents and guardians, staff, and visitors. To help inform our reopening plan, the district has sought feedback and input from stakeholders, including administrators, faculty, staff, students, parents/guardians of students, local health department officials and health care providers, employee unions and community groups. Engagement efforts included online surveys, virtual forums/meetings and one-on-one conversations.
The plan is available to all stakeholders via the district website at www.lakelandschools.org and will be updated throughout the remainder of the summer and school year, as necessary, to respond to local circumstances. The link to the plan appears on the district and school website homepages at www.lakelandschools.org/district/2020-2021_reopening.php. If you have any questions and concerns after reading the plan, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, we will respond as quickly as possible. The web pages can be translated using Google Translate.
To the best of our ability, efforts have been made to ensure that the plan is accessible to all individuals in accordance with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Level A/AA.
As part of the planning for reopening schools and the new academic year, the District has developed a plan for communicating all necessary information to district staff, students, parents/guardians, visitors and education partners, and vendors. The district will use its existing communication channels – including district website, internal email (GroupWise), external email (Constant Contact), Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. The District’s Facilities Department, working with health officials and the communication office, will provide appropriate signage and training opportunities to support the dissemination of consistent messaging regarding new protocols and procedures, expectations, requirements and options related to school operations throughout the pandemic.
The District is committed to establishing and maintaining regular channels of communication. It has reviewed and determined which methods have proven to be the most effective in communications with our school community. The district will rely on its communication channels as noted above to communicate news, requirements, and updates related to reopening and in-person instruction, including social distancing requirements, proper wearing of face coverings and proper hand and respiratory hygiene. The information that we will share will be based on NY State guidance as well as the District Reentry Team, employee bargaining groups, surveys (regional ThoughtExchange and district surveys), and district health officials (nurse supervisor and physician).
The district will use its existing internal and external communications channels to notify staff, students and families/caregivers about in-person, remote, and hybrid school schedules with as much advance notice as possible. The district will use the district website, internal email (GroupWise), external email (Constant Contact), Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to communicate schedules.
In addition, the district will make every effort to ensure that communication to parents/guardians is in their preferred language and mode of communication.
The district will create and deploy signage throughout the district to address public health protections surrounding COVID-19. Signage will address protocols and recommendations in the following areas:
- Proper use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Acceptable face coverings and requirements related to their wear
- Hand washing
- Adherence to social distancing instructions
- Symptoms/prevention of COVID-19
Teacher and Administrator Communications
The best way to reach teachers is by email. Questions related to your child’s learning experience or classroom protocols should be sent to your child’s teacher(s).
- Benjamin Franklin Elementary School Staff Directory
- George Washington Elementary School Staff Directory
- Lincoln-Titus Elementary School Staff Directory
- Thomas Jefferson Elementary School Staff Directory
- Van Cortlandtville Elementary School Staff Directory
- Lakeland Copper Beech Middle School Staff Directory
- Lakeland High School Staff Directory
- Walter Panas High School Staff Directory
Additional information can be provided by your child’s principal.
- Benjamin Franklin Elementary School, Ken Craft
- George Washington Elementary School, Dr. Tracy Norman
- Lincoln-Titus Elementary School, Elizabeth McGowan
- Thomas Jefferson Elementary School, Alfonse Davino
- Van Cortlandtville Elementary School, Jacqueline Woodruff
- Lakeland Copper Beech Middle School, Frank Ruolo
- Lakeland High School, Christopher Cummings
- Walter Panas High School, Joseph Spero