Meningococcal Vaccine School Requirement for 2017-2018:
All students entering grades 7 and 12 in New York State will be required to be vaccinated against meningococcal disease as recommended by the Advisory Committee of Immunization Practices (ACIP).
Students in Grade 7 will require 1 dose of MenACWY vaccine (sometimes abbreviated as MCV4; brand names Menactra or Menveo) and students in Grade 12 will require 2 doses of MenACWY with last dose on or after 16 years of age or 1 dose of MenACWY on or after age 16 years.
Meningococcal Vaccine School Requirement http://www.health.ny.gov/diseases/communicable/meningococcal/ Opens a New Window.
Meningococcal Disease | Guide for Parents
http://www.immunyze.org/parents-vaccines-for-children/meningitis/ Opens a New Window.
Please check with your HealthCare Provider for your child’s immunization status. All documentation must be on file in the Health Office PRIOR to September 1, 2016.
New York State Public Health Law, Section 2164 mandates that schools shall not permit a child to be admitted unless the parent provides the school with a certificate of immunization or proof from a physician, nurse practitioner or physician's assistant that the child is in the process of receiving the required immunizations.
The required immunizations are:
NYS Immunization Requirements for School Entrance/Attendance, click here. Opens a New Window.
- 4 -5 doses of Diphtheria & Tetanus toxoid-containing vaccine and Pertussis vaccine (DTap/DTP/Tdap) For UPK, K, Grades 1 -5 *see chart
- 3 doses of Diphtheria & Tetanus toxoid-containing vaccine and Pertussis vaccine (DTap/DTP/Tdap) For Grades 7 – 12
- 1 doseTetanus & Diphtheria toxoid-containing vaccine & Pertussis vaccine booster (Tdap) Required for all students enrolling in grades 6-12
- 3 doses of POLIO VACCINE.(IPV/OPV) (UPK, Grades 2 -5, 8 – 12)
- 3-4 doses of POLIO VACCINE.(IPV/OPV) K-1, Grades 6-7*see chart
- 1 dose 0f (MMR) given after 1st birthday. UPK
- 2nd doses of MMR required K-12 *see chart
- 3 doses HEPATITIS B
- Varicella UPK, Grades 2 - 5, 8– 12
- Varicella 2 doses K- , Grades 6-7 * see chart
- 1-4 doses Haemophilus influenza b conjugate vaccine (Hib) UPK * see chart
- 1-4 doses Pneumococcal Conjugate vaccine (PCV) UPK *see chart
- 2 doses of MenACWY (last dose on or after 16 years of age) OR 1 dose of MenACWY on or after age 16 for Grades 12 (2016-17 school year)
- 1 dose of MenACWY (sometimes abbreviated as MCV4; brand names Menactra or Menveo) all students entering 7th grade in the 2016-2017 school year
All of the above immunizations must be documented by your health care provider, health department where the child received the immunizations, or must be from an official copy of the immunization record from the child's previous school (a copy of the original immunization record from the healthcare provider – not a copy of the school health record). All immunizations must specify that exact date each immunization was administered. Your child will not be permitted to attend school without the necessary verification of immunizations.