Websites to Use with the SMART Board
- Spelling City - Spellingcity.com is a free spelling tool that makes teaching spelling exciting with online spelling games, spelling reviews, and spelling quizzes.
- BeFuddlr - Twist and Fuddle up Flickr Photos with BeFuddlr! Befuddlr is a free web application.
- The National Library of Virtual Manipulatives (NLVM) A library of uniquely interactive, web-based virtual manipulatives or concept tutorials, for mathematics instruction (K-12 emphasis).
- FreezeRay - A great collection of interactive resources for Science that were developed specifically for interactive whiteboard. They are categorized into different areas (Chemistry, Biology, etc.) and are Flash-based and can be imported into SMART Notebook files.
- Interactive Whiteboard Games from PBS - This is a great collection of activities, arranged by curricular area for our young learners. Most are targeted for Pre-K through grade 2, but there are a few for grades 3 - 5.
- Interesting Things for ESL Students - This is a fun study site for learners of English as a Second Language. The site contains numerous activities that work great on a SMART Board including word games, puzzles, quizzes, exercises, slang, proverbs and much more.
- Illuminations - Explore the library of 104 online activities that help to make math come alive in the classroom.