Each of our schools now has a videoconferencing unit so that classrooms can connect to other classrooms, either in or out of the district. There are a number of ways you can incorporate this technology into your curriculum.
Here are some good resources for finding collaborations with other classes and connecting with content providers, such as museums and organizations (NASA, etc.)
- Center for Interactive Learning and Collaboration
- Collaborations Around the Planet
- Videoconference Adventures ("Yellow Pages of Videoconferencing")
- Videoconferencing in Education
- Tips for Videoconferencing
Process and Protocol
- The process, procedure and protocol for reserving the videoconferencing cart and scheduling your conference are outlined on this document.
Videoconference Request Form - complete the form to request a specific program from a content provider or a classroom to classroom connection
- Videoconference Evaluation Form - complete the form to give your assessment of the program