Continuing Teacher and Leader Education (CTLE)
Who is subject to CTLE?
CTLE certificate holder: A Registered holder of a professional classroom teaching certificate, educational leadership certificate, or Level III teaching assistant certificate is required to successfully complete 100 clock hours of acceptable CTLE during the registration period if they practice 90 days or more in a single applicable school district, board of cooperative educational services (BOCES) or nonpublic school that is providing instruction pursuant to Education Law §3204(2) located in New York State. For purposes of this definition, the City School District of New York and any of its components shall be considered a single school district. The CTLE requirement may be completed at any time during the registration period. CTLE completed during a prior registration period may not be carried over.
Permanent classroom teacher and school leader certificate holders practicing in New York State will be subject to Registration requirements, but will not be subject to CTLE.
Holders of Continuing Teaching Assistant certificates or Pupil Personnel Services (PPS) certificates, such as School Attendance Teachers, School Counselors, School Psychologists, School Social Workers, School Dental Hygiene Teachers and School Nurse Teachers, are not subject to Registration or CTLE requirements.
For more information about CTLE requirements visit NYSED CTLE http://www.highered.nysed.gov/tcert/resteachers/ctle.html
- Continuing Teacher and Leader Education (CTLE) Requirements
- Definition of CTLE Certificate holder
- Acceptable CTLE
- Approved CTLE Sponsors
- Measurement of CTLE
- CTLE Recordkeeping Requirements
- Adjustments to the CTLE Requirement
- Language Acquisition Requirements
- Exemption from the Language Acquisition Requirements
- Requirements for National Board Certification Holders
- Notification of Change(s) to Name or Address Required by Regulation
- NYSUT FAQS https://www.nysut.org/resources/all-listing/2016/january/faqs-about-certificate-registration-and-ctle-requirements
- NYSUT FACT SHEET https://www.nysut.org/resources/all-listing/research/fact-sheets/fact-sheet-registration-and-ctle-teachers