Continuing Teacher and Leader Education (CTLE)
What is it? New requirements for registration for classroom teachers and school leaders holding a Permanent or Professional certificate, as well as Teaching Assistant Level III certificate holders.
When is it effective? July 1, 2016
Who is affected? Holders of Permanent, Professional and TA Level III Certificates
What am I required to do?
- During your birth month, you will need to log on to TEACH and answer several moral character questions (just as you did when you first applied for a certificate). Every 5 years thereafter, you’ll repeat the process.
Is the system ready yet?
- Yes, the system is live now (July 2016).
What can I do now?
- Log on to TEACH at http://www.highered.nysed.gov/tcert/teach/login.html
and make sure your email address is up to date. All notifications regarding CTLE Registration will be sent out by email and not via the USPS.
- Make sure your name is correct in the system. Submit any necessary documentation for legal name changes.
How do I know if I have a TEACH account?
What about PD/CTLE requirements?
- Who is subject to CTLE? Click here to view requirements by certification.
What if I have technical problems with TEACH, where can I get HELP?
- Report Problem(s) Using the TEACH Online System https://secureforms.nysed.gov/ohe/tcert/technical.cfm
Where can I learn more?
New Registration and Continuing Teacher and Leader Education (CTLE) Requirements for Classroom Teachers and School Leaders Holding a Permanent or Professional Certificate, and Level III Teaching Assistant Certificate Holders http://www.highered.nysed.gov/tcert/news/newsitem05122015.html
- Implementation of the New Law for Registration and Continuing Teacher and Leader Education Requirements https://www.regents.nysed.gov/common/regents/files/Higher%20Ed%20-%20CTLE.pdf
Certificate Registration and New Professional Development Requirements http://www.nysut.org/resources/all-listing/2016/january/certificate-registration-and-new-professional-development-requirements
TEACH Account FAQs http://www.highered.nysed.gov/tcert/teach/teachappfaq.html