Students will meet with their school counselor to review course options for the upcoming school year. Students and parents will receive an initial course request verification for review (the course verification will also be available through the parent portal in eSchool). Please review carefully and any issues and concerns should be shared with the student’s school counselor. A second course verification form will be available for review before the end of June.
- All students will receive their new schedule by mid-August. If all the required courses and at least one elective are on the schedule, then everything is ready for the first day of school.
- Student and parents will be notified when the 2019-2020Add/Drop Form is available online.
- If the course change request is made after the school year begins, the student must attend class until a determination has been made.
The selection of courses requires careful planning, serious thought and proper guidance. Since classes are established based on course requests, students are expected to remain in the courses they select. It is only in extraordinary circumstances that students should change courses after course selection is complete.
The District is updating the Drop / Add Scheduling Policy
We will notify families as soon as information is available
Important Note: Schedule changes can be made any time throughout the school year by school administration and/or guidance when:
- Conflict with the original course selection
- Need for changes in an instructional level as determined by classroom teacher and/or school administration.
- Change in academic status after attending summer school
The course catalog lists all courses available to students; however, not all will be offered. In the event of insufficient enrollment, staffing considerations, and fiscal restraints, we may cancel a course. Additionally, courses within the same discipline, but on different levels, may be combined as a result of low enrollment.