Lakeland provides a variety of subscription-bases online resources to its staff and students.
These sites are provided for Lakeland teachers through subscription and require a log in user name and password. If you need to set up an account, or don't know the user names and passwords, please email Linda Brandon at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 245 1700, ext. 232.
These resources include:
- Typing Agent
- World Book for Kids (elementary)
- Brain Pop, Jr. (elementary)
- Pearson eTextbook
- Pebble To Go (elementary) Three databases: animals, biographies and earth & space
- Reading A - Z includes RAZ Kids (elementary)
- Castle Learning
- Tumble Books
- Discovery Education
- Turnitin (high school only)
- Quia (limited number of subscriptions; email Linda Brandon for information)
- Dreambox Math
The following are free resources available to all. Some require you to set up an account and others do not. It's usually best to set up an account so that you can save items in "favorites" and not have to search for them again.
- PBS Learning Media
- SAS Curriculum Pathways (middle and high school)
- Common Sense Media Reviews (of apps, websites, etc.)
- SMART Exchange (SMART Board resources)
- Education World
- New York Times Learning Network
- Free Technology for Teachers
- Super Teacher Tools