Driver's Education Program
The Lakeland Central School District offers Drivers' Education through the Lakeland Continuing Education program. Opportunities for students take place in the Fall, Spring, and Summer of each year. Information, including a registration form, can be found on this web page or in the Guidance Department at either two high schools. For more information, call (914) 245-1700.
DRIVER'S EDUCATION PROGRAM: SUMMER 2018
Click for: Registration Form Flyer
Please mail or bring your registration forms to the Lakeland District Office at 1086 East Main Street, Shrub Oak, NY 10588, Attn: James Van Develde. Forms will not be accepted at the high schools or at the orientation.
The Driver Education Program consists of sixteen (16) 90-minute driving and sixteen (16) 90-minute lecture sessions. Up to two (2) additional sessions designated as make-up sessions will be scheduled at the end of each 16-session semester.
- Video assignments are available, requiring opinions and descriptions of what was viewed; video assignments must be pre-arranged and completed in the classroom under the supervision of the lecture instructor;
- If possible, students can attend lecture on another day or time. Only one lecture class can be attended per day;
- Students should speak with their lecture teacher to discuss these make-up options and availability.
- Arrange with the in-car instructor to attend driving when there is availability in another time slot, or arrange to attend during a scheduled make-up session at the end of the semester. Only one driving session can be attended per day, and not to exceed a total of 90-minutes behind the wheel;
- Students could be allowed to make-up behind-the wheel time when another student from their car is absent;
- Make-up driving times may be scheduled in advance by calling 914-332-7700.