Second graders will become more knowledgeable about their communities both past and present. In science our focus will be tools, measurement, energy, the four seasons and habitats for living creatures. Math will encompass a variety of math concepts, computations and word problems.
Second Grade Projects
In order to insure that all of our young learners have the same experiences and opportunities to be engaged with 21st century learning, we have developed a number of curriculum projects that integrate existing curriculum with technology. These projects were developed by teachers in district and regional workshops.
Note: The Social Studies/ELA Integrated Curriculum sites are password protected.
- My Community and Other United States Communities (Social Studies/ELA Integrated Curriculum)
- My Community Counts - new!
- Seasonal Changes Through Our Eyes and Yours
- Archived Projects (no longer implemented)
- Online Resources
- Fairy Tales & Fables
- Random House
- Harcourt Brace
- Fact Monster-Popcorn
- Kevin Henkes
- Jan Brett
- Science 21
- My Community and Other Untied States Communities (Social Studies/ELA