As we close this school year, the Lakeland CSD would like to provide you with resources that will provide food for families in need. Please see the attached list of local food banks for your reference. Other resources are as follows:
- Text “food” or “comida” to 877-877
- Call 1-866-3-HUNGRY or 211
- Visit https://www.fns.usda.gov/meals4kids
- Visit www.summermealsny.org
- Food Pantry Resources - English version
- Food Pantry Resources - Spanish version
We will also be posting the Feeding Westchester distribution calendar on our website at www.lakelandschools.org. If you have any questions regarding the Feeding Westchester food distributions at the Jefferson Valley Mall located on Route 6 in Jefferson Valley, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
SNAP COVID-19 INFORMATION - P-EBT FOOD BENEFITS
If your child receives free or reduced-price school lunch, you will receive $420 in food benefits from the Pandemic Electronic Benefits Transfer (P-EBT) program. P-EBT is a new program to help fill the school meals gap for children who lost access to free or reduced-price school meals due to COVID-19 school closures. This includes all children who attend a school that provides free meals to all.
Important highlights of P-EBT:
- Each eligible child will receive $420 in P-EBT food benefits.
- P-EBT benefits can be used to buy food at SNAP-participating stores.
- There is no application. P-EBT benefits will be issued automatically between June and August. Families who receive SNAP, Public Assistance, or Medicaid will get benefits on their current EBT or Medicaid card. Others will receive a new EBT card in the mail.
- Your immigration status does not matter for P-EBT. Using P-EBT does not affect your or your child’s immigration status. The public charge rule does not apply to P-EBT.
- P-EBT is not SNAP and does not replace other nutrition programs. You can use other programs, like summer meals, SNAP, and WIC, while using P-EBT.
- FAQs for the Pandemic Electronic Transfer (P-EBT) Food Benefits
Visit HungerSolutionsNY.org/PEBT to learn more.